God has blessed me more than I deserve. Sometimes in life it’s important to just stop to say, “Thanks.”
In a time when it’s far too easy to dwell on the negative and all that divides us, it’s important, too, that we count our blessings.
Here are mine in no particular order. My challenge to you? Take a few minutes today to count yours, too. Share them and post them. Make someone’s day better.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
I am thankful because I have…
1. …an enduring faith in God that sustains me through dark times and reminds me to be a light to others instead of dwelling on myself.
2. …a father who guides me, a mother who inspires me, and a sister and brother-in-law who support and listen to me.
3. …former students who make me proud because they make the world better. Some are like family, and they know who they are.
4. …current students who make me laugh and who teach me every day. It’s the greatest honor of my life.
5. …teaching colleagues at Floyd Central and in other local schools who amaze me daily with their talent, compassion, empathy, and integrity.
6. …my journalism “family,” a band of hilariously funny and incredible teaching colleagues from all corners of the state who remind me I’m a part of something special in Indiana scholastic journalism.
7. …my health and sanity (although sometimes that second part is debatable)
8. …books. Lots and lots of books.
9. …comic books and superhero TV shows and movies…because we all need an escape, and because Batman can solve any problem.
10. …the freedom and the passion to speak out and write about what I believe in, because with all of its flaws, the United States is still an exceptional country.